python - Getting the current path from where a module is being called -


i have python module built myself , it's located in /usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/my_module1. in module have this:

class class1(object);    def __init__(self, file_name):     self.file_name = file_name # how can full path of file_name? 

how full of file_name? is, if it's file name without path, append current folder from module being called. otherwise, treat file name full path.

# /users/me/my_test.py   module1 import class1   c = class1('my_file1.txt') # should become /users/me/my_file1.txt   c1 = class1('/some_other_path/my_file1.txt') # should become /some_other_path/my_file1.txt/users/me/my_file1.txt 

update: sorry that. mis-read question. need pass filename os.path.abspath().

example:

import os  filename = os.path.abspath(filename) 

to cater 2nd case (which find quite weird):

import os  if os.path.isabs(filenaem):     filename os.path.join(         os.path.join(             filename,             os.getcwd()         ),         os.path.basename(filename)     ) 

Popular posts from this blog

c# - ODP.NET Oracle.ManagedDataAccess causes ORA-12537 network session end of file -

matlab - Compression and Decompression of ECG Signal using HUFFMAN ALGORITHM -

utf 8 - split utf-8 string into bytes in python -